The course is timetabled over a period of one calendar year with the 2019 intake beginning in July 2019 with preliminary work prior to Unit 1.
- Residential: Sunday 11 – Friday 16 August 2019 at University of Chichester UK*
- Online: 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2020 online
There are four units of study which must all be completed in chronological order and, in addition to online working, students are expected to attend specific study days as indicated in the timetable. A further three additional units focus on: safeguarding children and young people in music education; equality, diversity and inclusion in music education, and promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Unit 1 is centred on the ESTA summer school, to be held at Chichester University (11th – 16th August 2019) and which students must attend. This unit is completed by the end of September when students move to Unit 2.
- Unit 2 is completed by early November when students move to Unit 3.
- Unit 3 is begun in November with all work being completed by the beginning of March 2020.
- Unit 4 is completed between March and the end of May 2020.
* Travel costs from the student’s location to Chichester are not included the course fee